“Presence includes support and structure — with that, children thrive; without that, children experience chaos, and parenting can be a nightmare.”
One Way Stress is Created in Your Child
We all have this parenting thing down, right? I can hear you laughing from here.
Yes, you’re mindful and aware.
They are all “power stalemates.”
When two individuals, regardless of how much they love each other have opposing points of view, when they want different things, they use their resources to try and get them.
You understand authority, compassion, and the consequences of your actions.
Your child has no choice but to use his/her age appropriate immature reasoning to understand their world. This is not a preschool issue. School-age, tweens and teens are still using immature reasoning. They are operating from the emotional side of their brain, because access to the logical side of the brain is still being created.
That means your child uses unrefined and untested skills.
And when power is at stake, arguing, negotiating and ultimately yelling is used by you both to achieve your goal.
As I said yesterday, you can express “stop it” while informing your child of “what to do instead.”
I know there are times when you feel like you’re being taken for granted by all you do for everyone else.
Those feelings can even cloud the love you feel for your child.
Those feeling can cause you to yell.
But you have to take action in order to make a change.
And before you can take action, you need information, new skills and a plan.
Tomorrow’s webinar, Why Do I Yell and What Can I do Instead? at 11am, PST will begin that process. This 6o-minute webinar is packed with resources you can use immediately, plus you’ll hear about resources that will help carry you through all the ages and stages you’ll be parenting from now on.
- recognize the triggers that have risen from other experiences in your life and are causing your yelling today.
- shift any resentful, angry feelings that are affecting you and your parenting.
- locate your unique hidden message, the one that’s affecting your parenting, and impacting the child(ren) you adore.
- create results instead of resistance by implementing new ways to understand and express “stop it” while imparting here’s “what I want you to do instead.”
- And you’ll learn how to do it with a calm parental authority that sends the message she means business.
Ready to register? Click here.