I believe that parents know, deep inside of themselves, what to do and how they want to parent. The confusion begins when a parent is involved in a whirl wind of emotions. When parents are stressed their minds become flooded with emotions and they react. When parents respond their minds remain clear enough to activate the learning needed for the situation.
No parent has the emotional capacity, when involved in an emotional situation, to put the situation on pause while they read a chapter to search for a way to arrive at a calmer outcome.
This book is written in a way that makes that possible.
Stop Reacting and Start Responding™
- Is a no-nonsense, reality-based book written in the "blog" style, using short, concise tips
- Offers quick tips at the end of each topic to remind parents what to do when a parent and/or child is reacting
- Tackles the emotions that are produced during the everyday situations that parents face
- Explores a different way to look at situations, and shares a new perspective that ignites a parent's own wisdom, allowing them to resolve situations calmly, lovingly, and firmly
- Allows parents to enjoy the read and then use it as a tool to remind and support them when they or their child are reacting.
A perfect example would be, when a child says, “No!” A lot of parenting information only address how to stop a child from saying “No!” Stop Reacting and Start Responding™ explores why a child might be saying “No!” and shows a parent how to acknowledge those emotions, while teaching the child what they should be doing instead. And does it all without punishment.
Sharon Silver is an educator,
a powerful speaker, coach, author, as well as a TV and radio host. She has an intuitive understanding of parenting.
"A glorious collection of parenting tips that moms can instantly use to help them raising good and caring kids." Michele Borba, Ed.D,
Read More Testimonials
"All parents have times when
reactions replace thinking. It’s at
that moment when you want to be
reminded of how you’ve chosen to